Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is it worth the travel?

Paris, France. There are so many things to say about it. Yes, I'll admit that it does have it's perks. I'm just saying that those perks are not worth seeing. First off, you have to make the commute, which is exensive. The hotels there are also very expensive; and only for a little rinky dinky hotel. Of course, you could stay in a hostel, but who knows what kind of germs and filth fill the rooms of the various hostels. You see, I went to Paris in the summer of 2008. It's all fine and dandy to see the sights, but you would swear you are in the USA just by being there. The tourist number is exceeding what it should be; it is pushing the limit. Along every tourist attraction, there are always either people trying to sell you keychains, or people begging for money. They will come up to you asking whether or not you speak English. Here is some advice: say no! I guess that I will wrap this review up with the following. Do not waste your time and money in Paris; go somewhere more eventful, like Prague.
My rating of Paris, France? 1 out of 3 French Hens.

3 comments:

sisu said...

I have always wanted to travel to Europe; maybe even Paris, but this review has made me skeptical about going there. Although I don't think you should be so harsh on Paris, I'm sure its still a good city. Every city has its positives and negatives. There is poverty all over Mexico, but many people still travel there. So I think its a personal opinion on whats important to you when you travel.

Semper Fi Kind of Love said...

I loved Paris. It was beautiful and it was NOTHING like the US. I feel like you really didn't capture what Paris is all about. It's about the art and the beauty there. It's a romance city. I went there when it was raining but it was still an amazing experience. The Eiffel Tower really is a world wonder and the Louvre is a perfect art museum. I feel that your review was rather unfair and a little too biased. You go to Paris for the sights, not for the events.

Chloe McDill said...

i really want to go to Paris!! i dont know what to say, maybe it was just the places that you went that were to tourist trappy. i think that i will still go there some day. i think that i will visit other popular cities and hit up Paris on the way. i think you just need to go to the random places to really feel the vibe of a city.